What is GDPR?
GDPR is the new General Data Protection Regulation effective since 25th of May 2018.
- Unify personal Data Protection rules across the whole European Union (EU). It allows the exchange of personal data within and from the EU with high level Data Protection controls.
- Protect the right and freedom of natural persons living or being in the European Union (right for respect of private life (Art 7) and protection of personal data (Art 8) as per EU charter of Fundamental Rights for protection of personal data).
What is personnal data?
Data that relates to a living individual, known as a “data subject” and “natural person”, who can be identified directly or indirectly through those data by:
- Identifiers which make direct link with the natural person: e.g. name, contact information, an online identifier (IP address…etc.).
- Identifiers which do not identify a natural person in isolation but may reveal indirectly its identity if combined with additional personal data: e.g. account number…etc.
To whom does GDPR apply?
It applies to ‘Data Subjects’ who are natural persons living or being in the European Union and whose personal data is processed by a controller or a processor. Quintet Private Bank data subjects are mainly:
- Clients, Board members, employees, contractors, business contacts / prospects and other people the bank has a relationship with or may need to contact.
Who is controller?
Quintet Private Bank is the ‘controller’ as a Bank that directly holds personal data and determines how and why this personal data is processed. For example, the client address is a personal data collected in Quintet Private Bank systems “the how” in order to allow communication with the client in line with his contract “the why”.
How do we commit?
We have reviewed our General Terms and Conditions (GT&C) describing the data protection measures and rights regarding our clients, please refer to Chapter 7 - Protection of personal data.
We have also the following policies:
- Data Protection notice for prospects and other third parties describing the data protection measures and rights regarding our prospect and other third parties.
- Website Data Protection policy describing the cookies management and your rights as visitor of the website.
If you wish to make a request for exercising your rights or to raise a complaint related to data protection, please refer to data protection.